Friday, July 29, 2011

Commander: Black General

Today, the general that I will be talking about is an infamous black legend that will indeed make you try harder to not kill yourself than to kill your opponents. I'm talking about the minion legend, Phage the Untouchable! Personally, I would call this deck Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated.

Now I know what everyone is thinking. You're all thinking that I am crazy for trying to make a commander who will kill me if I don't play her from my hand. Well once she hits the battlefield, I will have many ideas on how to prevent my demise. Here are the cards that will help me do so.

Our first option, and the best one would be to have Platinum Angel on the battlefield. Pretty clean cut. When Phage's ability triggers, nothing will happen due to you not being bale to lose the game. This can work with Platinum Angel's counterpart, Abyssal Persecutor. To pull this option off, you need to somehow get Abyssal Persecutor onto your opponent's side of the field, meaning you can't lose the game. Another really good option is Torpor Orb, which just stops the ability from happening in the first place. Speaking of artifacts, another great way to stop Phage's ability is one of the new cards, Sundial of the Infinite! Just end your turn on the stack of Phage coming into play's ability and the ability will never happen. Finally, the other way is to counter Phage yourself somehow and put her in your graveyard, to try to put her back into your hand.

One thing about Phage, if she dies, always put her into your graveyard and try to bring her back to your hand, which is the easiest way to play her.

Now lets say that Phage comes in play and you prevent your demise, it automatically becomes a sinch to defeat your opponents, because you should have something like Whispersilk cloak out, turning her to Phage the Unblockable and boom, you just defeated an opponent.

You can buy Phage and anything that stops her from killing you at a low price at http://www.mtgfanatic.com/!

No comments:

Post a Comment